Monday, May 30, 2011

Some verses for a stressful time

A friend sent this to me, quite a while ago. But it's still as useful today than it was when she sent it, (but I had to change ENTER into ATAR).
If you are feeling worried about your future, and whether or not you will get into a course you want -
Jeremiah 29:11 - "My plan for your future has always been filled with hope."
John 14:27 - "I am leaving you with a gift - peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give isn't like the peace the world gives. So do not be troubled or afraid."

If you are worried or feel that you are weary of study -
Matthew 11:29 - "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for you soul."
Hebrews 12:1 - "Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us..."
For the Lord said - "Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

If you feel overwhelmed by these upcoming exams -
Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
2 Corinthians 12:9 - "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

If you feel regret over results that you achieved in the past that you weren't happy with, or wish you had studied harder before, or feel bad for not trying your best or letting him down -
Romans 8:28 - "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."
Jeremiah 32:40 - "For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

And most of all remember that no matter what happens, whatever ATAR score you get -
Romans 8:38-39 - "Neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Joshua 1:5 - "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
Jeremiah 32:40 - "I will never stop doing good to you."


Hope that helps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment